Remove this ad

Lead

Feb 10 11 7:34 AM

Tags : :

I started working on this last year and am getting closer. I'm going to race it around lake erie in June in the Lake Erie Loop. Bikes have to be at least 30 years old and smaller than 225cc. Its a 650mi loop from Ohio to MI, ONT,NY,PA, and back to Ohio. The record is under 10 1/2hrs. This is what is was when I started. I drilled the hubs and brake plates, laced aluminum rims, made a 2into1 exhaust, made the clip-ons and tail section, cut the frame for the K&N filters, and made the rear sets. I have started on the paint

Click here to view the attachment
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#2 [url]

Feb 10 11 8:23 AM

Here are a few more shots. I made the front fender on the english wheel, The front brake was a mechanical disk (not hydraulic) and sucked, so i changed  it to a twin leading shoe drum and drill cooling holes in it, then put stainless mesh on the back side. I have a couple of the colors painted on the tank and tail. Have to take a short break from it but will be back on it soon.

Quote    Reply   

#4 [url]

Feb 11 11 9:35 AM

REAL nice.  My daughter wants to build a bike with me (she's 15) and I'm on the hunt for a 200.  Can't wait to show her what you're doing with it when I get home.  It's fun to see her get so stoked about building something.

NHMike: Hardcore since 1973

Quote    Reply   

#9 [url]

Feb 22 11 8:17 AM

Your work and your bike look great. That loop race sounds like tons of fun. Somewhat of an endurance run judging by the 10 and a half hour record. I see a lot of guys racing similar motors at Laudon International vintage days. I'll try to find some photos.

Quote    Reply   

#10 [url]

Feb 22 11 9:09 AM

My memory is off a bit, it looks like the displacement on these is a bit larger but close. Notice a female rider on 555 in the pack, really jumps the field on the start.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#20 [url]

Apr 16 11 1:32 PM

I got some of the wiring done, put the exhaust on and fired it up for the first time. Sounds nice and tight with a deeper sound. Really happy, won't be long now!
Kev

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help