Remove this ad

Lead

Mar 8 11 11:51 PM

Tags : :

I only own one bike, so it get used for a lot of stuff. Bar hopping, road trips, cheap transportation and a little spirited riding. So, my question is, who all here beats there rides on the track too? I threw down a couple of photos at the Texas Mile at a track day.
Post up some photos, tell some racing stories, lets plan a track day or a trip to the strip.

Click here to view the attachment
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#3 [url]

Mar 17 11 2:23 PM

Here are some shots of the some mods i made to the ole' Trump.
 The first few are peg risers i made. They are spaced in 20mm increments. I wanted to raise my pegs to keep from dragging my toes at the track. I know i just need to hang off farther to fix that, but i wanted to fab something.
 The fairing is off a '02 Daytona. It was a huge help both on the track and road. Some .032 aluminum filled the light hole. The two circles on the tape are going to be the new headlights. They are cheap parts store fog lights. God knows how long they'll last.

Give it a try, parts ain't going to build themselves.

Quote    Reply   

#5 [url]

Mar 20 11 4:30 PM

makes me miss the track, I sold my 675 a couple years ago and have missed the track ever since.  I think Jeff was the one who said it best, if you think its all about choppers, your wrong...

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#8 [url]

Apr 15 11 10:04 PM

Headed to Eagles Canyon, today actually. Bike prepped, tools packed and cautionary health insurance purchased. I'll snap a few photos of whatever cool stuff i come across tomorrow.  

Quote    Reply   

#9 [url]

May 19 11 10:18 PM

Didn't really get any pictures from Eagles Canyon, but did get to Texas World Speedway last weekend and holy shit!! That track is very fast. At the end of the banked straight i was hitting the rev limiter in 6th. I only run 18/42 gearing, so that's hauling some balls. GPS will be going under the seat next time to record the top speed.
 Couple of buddies came out, one on a hot rodded Buell and the other on ta beater SV. The SV rider is a Indian (dot, not feather) who is damn fast. He could walk away from me and the Buell anywere he wanted to on the track. Just goes to show it's not about horespower on the twisties.
 Also threw in a couple photos of sprocket i drilled out to lighten/make it look better. Used the red paint lines to make sure i wasn't twisting at TWS.  

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help